What motorcycle do you recommend?

Smaller motorcycles like the 700/750 and 800/850 GS are much more fun on our tours. They’re easier to ride through the endless twisties, more manageable in parking lots, and they have more than enough power. Even two-up, smaller bikes have been the preferred choice. If you want a thrilling ride, then the S 1000 XR is an excellent choice.

Am I guaranteed to get my first motorcycle choice?

We will do our best. Motorcycles are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis, depending upon availability and are not guaranteed. Most of the time, however, we can deliver the first choice.

Can I bring a GPS unit?

Yes, but you need to make sure you have purchased the correct maps (for Europe, South America, etc.) and preinstall them on your unit. You can connect it directly to the battery, or purchase a Powerlet adapter for BMW. Keep in mind that this is a guided tour, so you don't need a GPS unit.

Can I get a lowered seat?

Yes, please request one on your registration application. If you need to change motorcycles, please let us know ASAP. 

Can I get a backrest for a passenger?

Yes, please request one on your registration application. 

Can we get the motorcycles early if we arrive before the tour?

We can arrange that for you, but you will be responsible for transportation to the rental place. We do not deliver the bikes to you. We recommend staying longer if you want to ride more instead of riding before the tour. 


Can I wear a half-helmet?

For safety reasons, you should wear a full-face helmet.

Should I bring heated gear?

Always. Even if you only need a heated liner for a few hours it will enhance your riding experience. Heated liners have become quite thin, some as thin as a regular shirt, so packing space shouldn’t be a problem. Don’t forget your rain gear!

Can I wear jeans while riding?

For safety purposes, you should wear full riding gear with armor. Proper riding gear (leather, GORE-TEX, Cordura) is essential to cope with the temperature changes due to altitude and weather conditions and to help protect you in case of an accident. Jeans (without Kevlar and armor) and chaps are not considered suitable riding gear. 


  • w-facebook

Should I purchase trip insurance?

It is highly recommended that you get trip cancellation insurance. Also, check with your health insurance provider about your coverage while traveling overseas. For additional information on trip cancellation insurance, visit Please note this needs to be done a certain amount of time after registration. 


I want to arrive early. Where do I stay?

It’s a good idea to arrive early in order to overcome the effects of jet lag and to acclimate yourself to the area. Please let us know your arrival plans in advance, so that we can make arrangements accordingly. Please note: Early arrivals and late departures are responsible for their own transportation to and from the airport.​

Where do you recommend I exchange currency?

Although it is always changing, we've been getting a better exchange rate when we withdraw money from the ATM. Contact your bank or credit card company to see if they charge any additional fees. Make sure you have a PIN for your credit card and that they know ahead of time about your overseas travel.

Do I need a converter plug for each country in Europe?

No. A standard European converter plug will be fine.

Can I ride on my own, away from the group?

It's not recommended, but if you feel comfortable doing so, yes. Our tour guides know about some wonderful stops along the way that are often just a little off the route. It would be a shame to miss them. Keep in mind the different languages, road signs, rules, etc. 

What advice can you give me about cell phones?

Most hotels on the tour offer Internet access free of charge. Keep in mind that purchased Internet access for hot spots in Europe only work in large cities and in areas that we will not be covering on our tour. Ask your cell phone provider about their international calling plan and data package options available for trips and traveling abroad. Many cell phone companies, as well as SPOT, now sell global phones, which are useful if you plan to regularly travel outside of the U.S. or Canada. Other options would be to purchase a prepaid cell phone or SIM card for international calling, or to use Skype, WhatsApp or FaceTime, which are the most cost-efficient options.